Snap Carousel

Discussion, news, updates and support for Splicker's official extensions, known as "Snaps" and phpBB extensions.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
splicker
Hi all,

Had a request for an extension that adds carousel blocks to the index page, just like on this site.
Includes an admin panel and you can customise:
- Title
- Text
- URL (If you want to user to click it and go somewhere)
- Background Colour
- Text Colour
I only just made this so it hasn't been heavily tested as yet. I've used it and tested it myself and it seems to work fine for now.

Enjoy :)
romaamor
The extension has problems. I get an error when trying to create a block.
Общая ошибка
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Data too long for column 'sc_text' at row 1 [1406]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_splicker_carousel (sc_title, sc_text, sc_url, sc_bgcolor, sc_textcolor) VALUES ('5.2 ?????? ?????????????????????????? ?? ?????????? 4.1 ???????? ????????????????', '?? 2026 ???????? ???????????????????? ?????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????? ?? 5.2 ????????????????. ?????? ?????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ?? ?????????????? 4.1 ?????????????????? ????????????????, ??? ?????????????? ?? ABI Resear', 'https://mediasat.info/2021/04/30/kakim-budet-rynok-sputnikovogo-interneta-cherez-pyat-let/', '#ee6868', '#000000')

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 1023
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 195
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 345
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/splicker/snapcarousel/acp/snapcarousel_module.php
LINE: 51
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 676
CALL: splicker\snapcarousel\acp\snapcarousel_module->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
splicker
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:08 pmromaamor wrote:
The extension has problems. I get an error when trying to create a block.
The reason being is its trying to put too much text in to the database, were you copy and pasting in to the boxes when creating the carousel block?

The carousel banner on here isn't designed to show a huge amount of information, limited to 65 characters for the title and same for the text length.

I've updated the extension download so it shouldn't throw those errors again but I don't think you'll fit all the text you were trying to put in to it. :?
romaamor
Does not work. Not shown on pages. In the admin panel there is an error with the Russian language.

splicker
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 pmromaamor wrote:
Does not work. Not shown on pages. In the admin panel there is an error with the Russian language.

As I said I haven't extensively tested this extension yet.

You need more than 1 block in order for it to display and for now you may need to clear your forum cache after adding the blocks. I'll take a look at it again and see what I can do with it.

I'll get back to you 8-)
romaamor
Yes, after the addition of the second block, everything appeared. But as I said with errors in the text.

My test forum.
https://satellitetvforum.ru/
splicker
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:08 pmromaamor wrote:
Yes, after the addition of the second block, everything appeared. But as I said with errors in the text.
I've updated the download file again. It should display the Russian text now, though you may need to edit your blocks because it won't have saved correctly the first time.

If I get some time this weekend I'll have another look at it and try expand it so you can fit more text and content in the carousel.

Also I like your test site. Have you been playing with the CSS files? - I noticed some white borders around the elements, hope that's not a glitch with the template lol
romaamor
Now it works as it should. Yes, I changed the CSS.
8 posts Page 1 of 1